"My job is to create fluent translations"
As a Dutch to English editorial translator or proofreader, you can make our customers happy by producing fluent translations that read as though they were written directly in the target language. Without losing any of the message's original meaning, you know how to adapt the text so that it reads as if it were your target audience's native language.
Our top sectors
- Tourism: help cities and municipalities to eloquently put their attractions firmly on the map
- Fashion & Lifestyle: welcome to the world of fashion, perfume, jewellery...
- Health & Personal Care: well-being, personal comfort, health, losing weight, are just some of your interests
- Food & Health: for translator-foodies who love delicious and healthy food
- Events & Leisure: from fun activities and team building to the craziest events
- Industry: introduce consumers to the fascinating world of radiators, electric and solar energy and household appliances.
Are you are passionate about one or more of the above sectors and can demonstrate that you have sufficient relevant experience?
We are looking for the following basic skills
- You are a native speaker and translate only into your native language
- You have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in translating
- You have the required skills and experience as a proofreader
- You specialize in the client's sector
- It would be an advantage if: you work with translation tools such as SDL Trados Studio
- you have knowledge of SEO and Google AdWords Keyword Planner
What's important to us
- You are punctual and accurate. This shows in your texts and in your attitude to and communication with our Service Managers (and you can expect the same from us).
- You always keep to the agreement. Deadlines are respected, and if you fall behind, just give us a call (we don't bite)
- You are committed and proactive, and commercially concerned with assisting our end-clients (as this will result in appreciation and lead to more work)
- We also like to keep to a tight schedule, but unforeseen and urgent situations can always occur. Which you are able to take in your stride (our promise: we try to keep it to a minimum)
What we can offer
- Great assignments on a regular basis for the same clients: never change a winning team
- We take your personal preferences into account: what are your translation preferences? If you enjoy what you are doing, then that is what you do best.
- First line support with questions about the current project (unclear content, technical problems, ...). You're not alone in solving problems.
- Long-term relationship: you will be the preferred translator for specific clients. Good work means more work.
What's important to you
- Developing a good working relationship with our Service Managers
- You are not simply working on a translation, but on communicating the client's message
- High-quality work delivered on time = prompt payment!