"My motto is to be quick, punctual and discrete"
As a Dutch to English legal translator or proofreader, you meet our mutual clients' high expectations by combining a quick and accurate target text with a discrete service. You are aware of the effectiveness of the right word in the right place and you understand the importance of using accurate legal terminology.
What kind of documents?
Our priciple mutual clients are mainly law firms, and corporate legal services, who call on the Atrado Dream Team for the following documents:
- statutes, contracts, agreements, LOIs
- legal reports and findings
- personal legal documents (deeds, birth certificates, ...)
- summonses and formal notices
- court orders and rulings
You have a minimum of 5 years experience in translating and proofreading legal documents.
We're looking for the following basic skills
- You are a native speaker and only translate into your native language
- You have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in translating
- You have the required skills and experience as a proofreader
- You specialize in the client's sector
- It would be an advantage if:
- you work with translation tools such as SDL Trados Studio
What's important to us
- You are punctual and accurate. This shows in your texts and in your attitude to and communication with our Service Managers (and you can expect the same from us)
- You always keep to the agreement. Deadlines are respected, and, if you fall behind, just give us a call (our legal clients are very sensitive to this)
- You are committed and proactive and commercially concerned with assisting our end-client (as this will result in appreciation and lead to more work)
- We also like to keep to a tight schedule, but unforeseen and urgent situations can always occur. Which you are able to take in your stride (our promise: we try to keep it to a minimum)
What we can offer
- Great assignments on a regular basis for the same clients: never change a winning team.
- We take your personal preferences into account: what are your translation preferences? If you enjoy what you are doing, then that is what you do best.
- First line support with questions about the current project (unclear content, technical problems, ...). You're not alone in solving problems.
- Long-term relationship: you will be the preferred translator for specific clients. Good work means more work.
What's important to you
- Developing a good working relationship with our Service Managers
- You're not simply working on a translation, but on communicating the client's message
- High-quality work delivered on time = prompt payment!