"Call me a techie with a flair for languages,
or linguistically talented with technical insight."
As an NL-EN technical translator or proofreader, you have mastered the art of knowing how to combine the correct use of language with accurate technical terminology. All this from an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ sector. These technical clients represent a large customer base, since the Atrado translation agency was formed 15 years ago as a technical translation agency. So, technical translators have a special place in our Dream Team!
Our top technical sectors
- Safety, Tools and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): we work together to contribute to the success of some of the largest safety specialists. That's what we do...
- Sun protection, garage doors, access control: join us in supporting our national heroes by communicating their presence internationally.
- Construction: ranging from concrete to bricks. From windows and doors to internal finishings. Construction is your expertise.
- Engineering: engineering consultants, energy advice, HVAC, ...
- Software: multinationals in IT services and software
Are you passionate about one or more of the above sectors and can demonstrate that you have sufficient relevant experience?
We are looking for the following basic skills
- You are a native speaker and only translate into your native language
- You have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in translating
- You have the required skills and experience as a proofreader
- Very important: you specialize in the client's sector
- It would be an advantage if:
- you work with translation tools such as SDL Trados Studio
What's important to us
- You are punctual and accurate. This shows in your texts and in your attitude to, and communication with, our Service Managers (and you can expect the same from us)
- You always keep to the agreement. Deadlines are respected, and, if you fall behind, just give us a call (we don't bite)
- You are committed and proactive, and commercially concerned with assisting our end-client (as this will result in appreciation and lead to more work)
- We also like to keep to a tight schedule, but unforeseen and urgent situations can always occur. Which you are able to take in your stride (our promise: we try to keep it to a minimum)
What we can offer
- Great assignments on a regular basis for the same clients: never change a winning team
- We take your personal preferences into account: what are your translation preferences? If you enjoy what you are doing, then that's what you do best.
- First line support with questions about the current project (unclear content, technical problems, ...). You're not alone in solving problems.
- Long-term relationship: you'll be the preferred translator for specific clients. Good work means more work.
What's important to you
- Developing a good working relationship with our Service Managers
- You are not simply working on a translation, but on communicating the client's message
- High-quality work delivered on time = prompt payment!